Home Page / Clinical Informatics / Original Articles Index / Knowledge Management at the Point of Care / References
The Challenge of Knowledge Management at the Point of Care
- Davenport T., Prusak L. Working knowledge: How organisations manage what they know. Harvard Business School Press; 1997.
- Wilkipedia on " Knowledge".
- Oxford Dictionary Online. Definition of " knowledge".
- Wilson TD, The nonsense of "Knowledge Management"; Information Research, 8(1); 2002.
- Polanyi M. Personal Knowledge: towards a post-critical philosophy. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press. 1958.
- Wyatt J. Uses and sources of medical knowledge. Lancet 1991; 338:1368-72.
- Pauker SD, Gorry G, Kassirer J, Schwartz W. Towards the simulation of clinical cognition: taking a present illness by computer. Am J Med 1976; 65:981-96.
- Williamson JW, German PS, Weiss R, Skinner EA, Bowes F. Health science information management and continuing education of physicians. A survey of US primary care practitioners and their opinion leaders. Ann Intern Med 1989; 110:151-60.
- Coiera E. (2003). Information economics and the Internet. In: A Guide to Health Informatics. Second Edition. Arnold. Chapter 24; page 324-25.
- Gorman PN, Helfand M. Information seeking in primary care: How physicians choose which clinical questions to pursue and which to leave unanswered. Med Decis Making 1995; 15:113-9.
- Mosteller F. Innovation and evaluation. Science 1981; 211:881-6.
- Antman E, Lau J, Kupelnick B, Mosteller F, Chalmers I. A comparison of the results of meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials and recommendations of clinical experts. JAMA 1992; 268:240-8.
- Sackett DL, Richardson WS, Rosenberg W, Haynes RB. Evidence-based Medicine: how to Practice and Teach EBM. London: Churchill Livingstone, 2010.
- SHAUGHNESSY AF, SLAWSON DC, BENNETT JH. Becoming an information master: a guidebook to the medical information jungle. J Fam Pract 1994 Nov; 39(5): 489–99.
- The NHS Plan: a plan for investment, a plan for reform. 2000.
- Hansen et al. " What’s your strategy for Managing Knowledge?". Harvard Business Review. 1999.
- Hibble A, Kanka D, Pencheon D, Pooles F. Guidelines in general practice: the new Tower of Babel? BMJ 1998; 317: 862–63.
- Berner ES, Webster GD, Shugerman AA, Jackson JR, Algina J, Baker AL, et al. Performance of four computer-based diagnostic systems. N Engl J Med 1994; 330:1792-1796. (Free Full Text)
Page Updated: 17 May, 2017Tweet